Updated 16th July 2021
At Esteem Psychology, we value the health and wellbeing of our clients, staff, and the broader community. We are taking steps to limit exposure risks at our practice, based on the current recommendations and public health orders outlined by NSW Health.
FACE-TO-FACE APPOINTMENTS (Masks are currently mandatory)
We are continuing to offer face-to-face appointments under the following conditions:
- You agree to wear a mask at all times while on our premises
- Your psychologist will be wearing a mask at all times
- We are adhering to the current physical distancing requirements
Please do not attend your appointment in person if:
- You are unwell
- You are awaiting results for a COVID-19 test
- You have been in contact (during the past 14 days) with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have visited an identified COVID-19 exposure site / hotspot / “red zone” / lockdown zone during the past 14 days
- You do not intend to wear a mask while at our premises
If any of the above apply to you, please contact us by email on 49264198 to arrange a Telehealth appointment or to reschedule.
Please be aware that if you attend the practice with flu-like symptoms or without a mask, your psychologist will reschedule your appointment to a later date (we aim to make spare masks available whenever possible, in case you forget to bring one).
SERVICE NSW QR CODE CHECK-IN
As a business in NSW, we are required to keep records of all people who attend our practice, and may be required to disclose this information to NSW Health if we are identified as an exposure site. Your psychologist keeps a record of your attendance through our practice management diary system. However, if you attend the practice with another person/people, they will be required to check-in using our Service NSW QR code (displayed in the waiting room and therapy rooms). We thank you for assisting us to co-operate with NSW Health, in the unlikely event that this should be necessary.
HYGIENE AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
For clients who attend the practice in person, we will be taking extra measures to reduce exposure risks. These include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres between people during face-to-face appointments. We also request that you maintain physical distancing while in waiting areas and moving through the building.
- Using contactless payments and rebate procedures where possible
- Regular disinfecting of all commonly touched surfaces, such as handrails, door handles, and bathroom surfaces
- Making soap and hand sanitiser available
- Observing recommended coughing and sneezing etiquette
- No hand-shaking
We will continue to provide online and telephone sessions for people who would prefer to continue to attend appointments remotely or who do not feel comfortable wearing a mask during appointments. Medicare rebates for Telehealth appointments are available if you hold a current Mental Health Care Plan.
Telehealth sessions will be conducted using a secure online platform (either Halaxy or Coviu). We will send you a link by email prior to your appointment. At the time of your appointment, all you need to do is click the link to be connected to your online session with your psychologist. You will need access to a device with a camera and microphone in order to conduct your session online (please click here for other information that will help you prepare for your online appointment).
If you do not have the facilities to attend an online session, or if you would prefer not to use this option, we will also be offering telephone appointments. Your psychologist will call your preferred phone contact number at the time of your appointment.
Each of our clinical psychologists will be available to discuss options with you if you have any concerns or questions. We recognise that this is an uncertain time for everyone, and we encourage you to phone (4926 4198) or email us if you would like to get in contact with your psychologist.
This policy is based on the information available to us at the current time, and may change as the Covid situation evolves. We appreciate your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we do our best to implement measures to protect the health of all of our clients and our staff, and to comply with public health orders.